maven-users mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@takari.io>
Subject Re: Running tests using failsafe from a shaded jar?
Date Mon, 23 Nov 2015 13:22:51 GMT
Mirko,

You’ll notice if you look at the source that it’s a JSR330 component. So there is a the
sisu-maven-plugin which generates a META-INF/sisu/javax.inject.Named as part of the build.
You will want to look in your shaded JAR and make sure you have one of those files, I’m
not certain if there is a resource transformer that deals with this file so you might have
to make one of those. I say might because it depends on how you start up the container for
Maven. If you don’t particularly care about startup speed you can make the container scan
the classpath and it will create all the bindings from the classes in the scan. By default
in Maven we get the container to use the index file cited above because it’s much faster
at creating all the bindings. Your error results from there being no binding for the DefaultClassRealmManager
so it’s likely not finding the javax.inject.Named file.

If you look at some of the test cases[1] in maven-core you’ll see where the container is
created and see how the scanning behaviour is changed. To try something quickly you can just
turn the classpath scanning on and see if it’s fast enough. You might also have to lift
a few bits from the PlexusTestCase class itself but it’s very similar to how the container
if created in the MavenCli class which also serves as an example.

[1]: https://github.com/apache/maven/blob/master/maven-core/src/test/java/org/apache/maven/AbstractCoreMavenComponentTestCase.java

>>> https://github.com/mfriedenhagen/ (http://osrc.dfm.io/mfriedenhagen)
>>> https://bitbucket.org/mfriedenhagen/

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder, Takari and Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl
http://twitter.com/takari_io

Simplex sigillum veri. (Simplicity is the seal of truth.)