maven-users mailing list archives

From Bernd Eckenfels <e...@zusammenkunft.net>
Subject Re: Class size
Date Sun, 01 Nov 2015 22:16:27 GMT
Am Sun, 1 Nov 2015 16:34:13 -0500
schrieb aalok singhvi <aaloksinghvi@gmail.com>:

> Hello,
> I have a basic question...
>
> If i compile a simple hello world java program using javac in ant i
> get a different size as compared to class compiled with maven plugin.
> My java source and target it 1.6.
>
> What is the reason. Can anyone help me with this. I will really
> appreciate your help.

There are multiple compiler settings which can influence class size.
Including debug information (source file, line, local vars - defaults
to on in Maven and off on Ant) and I guess presence of some annoation
processors.

Are you using the same java version for compiling with Ant and Maven?
(and youare sure you do not use eclipse or jikes?
https://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-compiler-plugin/non-javac-compilers.html)

Ithink you could dump the classes with "javap -l -c -s -p -verbose" to
see potential differences. How big of a difference do you see?

Gruss
Bernd