maven-users mailing list archives

From Greg Trasuk <tras...@stratuscom.com>
Subject Re: Installing on Solaris
Date Fri, 06 Nov 2015 19:14:19 GMT
I think Curtis has the right answer.  And when you set JAVA_HOME, it should be pointing to
the JDK, not the JRE installation - looks like that will be /export/home/e0857723/aaa_bonita/jdk17/jdk1.7.0_79
for you.

Is it possible to have the admins upgrade the box to JDK7?  Solaris has some strange indirection
going on to make ‘java’ a basic command line task, (/usr/bin/java is a link to /usr//java/bin/java,
which is a link to /usr/jdk/latest, etc) so you’ll be fighting the OS if you try to run
a different version (although I think it should be do-able).

Cheers,

Greg Trasuk