maven-users mailing list archives

From Scott Klein <Scott.Kl...@goldenhour.com>
Subject Proper Project and Module Configuration
Date Thu, 22 Oct 2015 01:25:43 GMT
I am not quite sure how to ask this to make it simple, but let's say I had a bunch of applications
that wanted to share the same version via a Parent POM - should they all be inside the same
module?

If so, what about the Parent POM, should that be inside the module too?

I am thinking about when it comes time to release them, I am having a devil of a time trying
to make separate modules (that are inter-dependent on each other's artifacts) release nicely
using the same version.

What is best practice?

It seems like the way we have it setup is totally wrong, and would take a while to explain
--- which is why it is probably wrong.