maven-users mailing list archives

From Subramanian Olagappan <osu...@gmail.com>
Subject Help on parent pom for spring boot project
Date Fri, 18 Sep 2015 17:51:04 GMT
Hi,

We have a company wide parent pom for all the projects and it has all the
plugin and distribution management code. I now have a new project where we
wanted to use spring-boot-starter-parent. We also wanted to update few of
the versions using the property tag [ As described in 13.1.3 of
http://docs.spring.io/spring-boot/docs/1.3.0.M5/reference/htmlsingle/#using-boot-maven-without-a-parent
]

We don't want to create one more company parent for spring boot projects
with a copy of plugin, distribution management and
spring-boot-starter-parent.

Is there any way I can reuse my existing company wide parent pom to create
a parent pom for spring boot projects.

What is the best practice to follow when you have a existing company wide
parent pom and want to override few spring boot dependent versions.

If you can give some examples, it will be helpful to me.

Thanks,
Subbu