maven-users mailing list archives

From Anders Hammar <and...@hammar.net>
Subject Re: SCM tag, releases and SVN
Date Thu, 17 Sep 2015 07:13:40 GMT
Not sure what you mean by "Master POM", but I'm guessing it's a parent POM
which your products inherit from. And that the "Master POM" is not an
aggregating pom as you seem to want to release the products independently.

I would then move the parent pom ("Master POM") to a separat folder. Update
the scm elements to point to the URL for it (e.g.
https://svn.domain.com/SUITE/trunk/parent/) and then also update the scm
elements in the products' parent/aggregating POMs so that they specify the
full path (e.g. https://svn.domain.com/SUITE/trunk/product1/ and
https://svn.domain.com/SUITE/trunk/product2/). It should then work the way
you want when taging.

The reason for the current (wrong) behavior is because you have specify the
trunk URL for all three (have a look at the effective pom) and that's where
the tag will be based on.

/Anders