maven-users mailing list archives

From Bernd <e...@zusammenkunft.net>
Subject Re: Best strategy for using lots of modules/projects with some private and some OSS
Date Fri, 25 Sep 2015 17:53:46 GMT
Hello Ben,

> +1 for aggressive SNAPSHOT use
>
> Our setup.  YMMV:

> - All developers have all code checked out in intellij, source linked
> - If you push changes to a library, you update all downstream usages.  No
> exceptions.  Since you have all source in intellij, this usually isn't
> hard.

How do you deal with changes  to multiple projects (as you suggest) when
you do not use a mono repository? When one commit kicks off Jenkins it
might as well not yet see the "fixed" snapshot dependency. Do you use
atomic commits or a monorepo or do you trigger jenkin builds only by time?

BTW: just my few cents, we added Gerrit to the mix, so we can have
pre-commit builds. But those only run the tests for the modified project,
they do not integrate. The normal CI jobs are triggert when submitting the
change (but typically no downstream projekt gets the snapshots as we have
them locked on releases. Once you do the release and add the dependency to
the BOM (or less often to dependend projects) another integration build
triggers a while pipeline (producing ultimatively a new installation media
which gets automatically integration tested).

Gruss
Bernd