maven-users mailing list archives

From David Hoffer <dhoff...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Upgrading to 3.3.3
Date Mon, 14 Sep 2015 15:57:25 GMT
The reason for the Ant script is historical.  It's a very large project
that back in the day was 100% Ant.  Over time portions were migrated to
Maven, the only way to integrate with the larger Ant script is with
Maven-Ant-Task.
Today all the developer builds are pure maven but most of the CI builds
have to do more than that...build installers, build ISO images, etc.
Unfortunately those other tasks are still Ant.

We don't have any '.mvn' folders.  Shouldn't multiModuleProjectDirectory
just default to the same folder that has the top level pom?  Not clear why
pure maven build works w/o setting multiModuleProjectDirectory but not when
using Maven-Ant-Task.

We don't call "mvn.bat" or "mvn.cmd" directly as that must be handled
by Maven-Ant-Task.
I wondered if the change from bat to cmd was the cause of the problem,
still not sure.  I did see that Maven-Ant-Task has not been updated in
quite some time, it's unfortunate if it needs to be updated for Maven 3.3.3
and not just work the same as prior versions.

Are you saying that 3.3.3 isn't going to work with Maven-Ant-Task?  If so
we will have to stay with 3.2.5 until that's updated or we can replace our
remaining Ant builds...but that isn't likely to happen soon.

-Dave