maven-users mailing list archives

From <Robert.Black...@pjm.com>
Subject RE: Using build-helper-maven-plugin in bundle projects causing problems with <buildNumber> in -SNAPSHOT builds
Date Tue, 01 Sep 2015 14:09:31 GMT
All,

This is resolved, though I don't much like the solution.

It seems the problem was using the command "mvn clean deploy" rather than "mvn clean bundle:deploy".

Multiple plugins were matching the deploy goal, and one of those was incrementing the buildNumber
an extra time and updating/putting the maven-metadata.xml again.

Using "mvn clean deploy:deploy" resulting in only POM files for projects with <packaging>
pom get uploaded.  Features files for POM projects are not uploaded, and bundle projects get
nothing at all uploaded - no POM, no Features and no Bundle/.jar.

Using "mvn clean bundle:deploy" causes everything to work just peachy.  All POM files for
all projects/packaging types get uploaded.  Those projects that use the build-helper-maven-plugin
to upload a Features file get the Features file uploaded.  Those projects that are Bundle
projects get the Bundle/.jar file uploaded.

I'm still not sure what *:deploy bit was doing the bogus increment, but I have a resolution
so I'm not planning on investigating further.

Bob

From: Robert.Blackard@pjm.com [mailto:Robert.Blackard@pjm.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 27, 2015 1:20 PM
To: users@maven.apache.org
Subject: RE: Using build-helper-maven-plugin in bundle projects causing problems with <buildNumber>
in -SNAPSHOT builds

It was pointed out to me that the sample projects I uploaded were version 0.0.1 rather than
0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.  My apologies about that.  I have continued to experiment and I thought I
sent the version before I stripped the -SNAPSHOT tab out.

Attached is a version of the project with version 0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.  It also rearranges the
parent structure ever so slightly.