maven-users mailing list archives

From "Magnanao, Hector" <hector.magna...@sap.com>
Subject RE: maven jar versus ant jar
Date Wed, 02 Sep 2015 15:55:10 GMT

Thanks,
Hector

-----Original Message-----
From: Greg Trasuk [mailto:trasukg@stratuscom.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2015 10:17 AM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: maven jar versus ant jar

Hi Hector:

Could you describe in very precise terms how you “installed it locally”?  That might help
us understand the problem.  And perhaps you’ve already mentioned it, but what kind of jar
file are you actually building?  What does it get installed into?

Cheers,

Greg Trasuk

> On Sep 2, 2015, at 10:37 AM, Magnanao, Hector <hector.magnanao@sap.com> wrote:
>
> I've done "mvn clean" several times and built again.  It still keeps getting packaged
in my jar.  The only difference with this dependency is that I installed it locally.  My pom
just declares it as a dependency.  Do I need to clean up my .m2 directory to start fresh ?

jar inside the SNAPSHOT jar.  I installed this jar locally so I can compile but now it's being
included in the build itself.  So how do I exclude it when I do a mvn package ?

the missing dependencies.  But what I noticed is that the maven jar is much larger than my
ant jar.  Can anybody tell me why this is so ?  Should they be different in sizes after  converting
the build to maven ? what should I be looking for causes of differences  ?

>>> Hector Magnanao Jr.
>>> SCM Analyst
>>>
>>> Fieldglass, Inc.
>>> O: (331) 702-6142
>>> M: (773) 474-3051
>>> Hector.magnanao@sap.com
>>> www.fieldglass.com
>>>
>>> Fieldglass is now part of SAP
>>>
>>> This email contains confidential information.  If you are not the intended recipient,
do not read, distribute or reproduce this transmission (including any attachments). If you
have received this email in error, please notify the sender by email reply.