maven-users mailing list archives

From "Magnanao, Hector" <hector.magna...@sap.com>
Subject RE: maven jar versus ant jar
Date Wed, 02 Sep 2015 14:37:02 GMT
I've done "mvn clean" several times and built again.  It still keeps getting packaged in my
jar.  The only difference with this dependency is that I installed it locally.  My pom just
declares it as a dependency.  Do I need to clean up my .m2 directory to start fresh ?

-----Original Message-----
From: Wayne Fay [mailto:waynefay@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 01, 2015 5:31 PM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: maven jar versus ant jar

Try "mvn clean" first to be sure you didn't accidentally put the
contents of that jar file in target/ and forget about it. Then build
again.

If it is still large and includes those files, there must be something
in your pom file that is causing it to occur. Very hard to debug your
build without seeing these details.

Wayne

On Tue, Sep 1, 2015 at 4:41 PM, Magnanao, Hector
<hector.magnanao@sap.com> wrote:
> I found out why my maven jar is much bigger. It looks like it's including a dependency
jar inside the SNAPSHOT jar.  I installed this jar locally so I can compile but now it's being
included in the build itself.  So how do I exclude it when I do a mvn package ?

missing dependencies.  But what I noticed is that the maven jar is much larger than my ant
jar.  Can anybody tell me why this is so ?  Should they be different in sizes after  converting
the build to maven ? what should I be looking for causes of differences  ?

>> Hector Magnanao Jr.
>> SCM Analyst
>>
>> Fieldglass, Inc.
>> O: (331) 702-6142
>> M: (773) 474-3051
>> Hector.magnanao@sap.com
>> www.fieldglass.com
>>
>> Fieldglass is now part of SAP
>>
>> This email contains confidential information.  If you are not the intended recipient,
do not read, distribute or reproduce this transmission (including any attachments). If you
have received this email in error, please notify the sender by email reply.