maven-users mailing list archives

From herve.bout...@free.fr
Subject Re: Ant task "artifact.dependencies" creates large number of threads
Date Fri, 14 Aug 2015 15:59:11 GMT
Hi,

I don't see where Maven Ant Tasks creates such threads
Did you find more explicit traces on /where/ the threads are created?

BTW, please precise your config (versions of JVM/Ant/Maven Ant Tasks).

Regards,

Hervé

----- Mail original -----
De: "Wei Feng Niu" <wei.feng.niu@oracle.com>
À: users@maven.apache.org
Envoyé: Vendredi 14 Août 2015 17:16:02
Objet: Ant task "artifact.dependencies" creates large number of threads

Hi,

We use <artifact.dependencies> Ant task in our Ant scripts. But found several new threads
were created and never existed each time <artifact.dependencies> was invoked. So after
running some Ant scripts, we encountered the limitation of “max user processes” on Linux,
and got exception like the following:

Exception in thread "pool-79-thread-4" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native
thread

at java.lang.Thread.start0(Native Method)

at java.lang.Thread.start(Thread.java:714)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.addWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:950)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.processWorkerExit(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1018)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1160)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Below and attached is the screenshot (not sure whether this maillist support image or attachment)
of jconsole connecting to Ant process after running our Ant scripts for a while. There are
over 100 threads and the thread count keeps increasing. There isn’t such issue without using
<artifact.dependencies> Ant task.

Is there any way to make the threads be released?

threads.jpg

Best regards,

-Weifeng