maven-users mailing list archives

From Baptiste Mathus <bmat...@batmat.net>
Subject Re: jars with no pom.xml available - what to do next ?
Date Mon, 08 Jun 2015 20:14:21 GMT
Hi,

Not sure I understand.So guessing: you are somehow migrating from a typical
old-school project with jars committed in the project as-is, and you don't
know the version and so on.

If so, then here's how I would proceed:
* compute the sha-1 hash of those jars
* search them though Central advanced search:
http://search.maven.org/#advancedsearch%7Cgav
* If you find them, bingo just use the GAV.

If you don't, then you will have to somehow create a fake pom and upload
inside your corporate maven repository beside the jar file. In this case,
please make it very clear it's not an official version (like
1.2.3-internal-special-dont-know-where-the-hell-it-comes-from-and-who-touched-it-so-that-hash-does-not-match-anything-public).

HTH

Cheers

> Hi All
>
> We have a few open source jars that couldnt be found in Open Maven Central
> repository for their pom.xml files. We like to use these for dependencies
> management in our main pom.xml.
>
> 1) What can we do to vet those jars with no pom.xml files and make them
> compliant for our use ?
> 2) How do we create these unavailable pom.xml files for these unvetted jars
> ?
>

> Thank you.

Sauvez un arbre,
Mangez un castor !