maven-users mailing list archives

From WonderCsabo <kozakcs...@gmail.com>
Subject Do not run some Checkstyle rules in a specific Maven profile
Date Sun, 07 Jun 2015 13:41:02 GMT
We use a different profile for development, and a different profile for the
CI. The latter is more strict in the manner of Checkstyle rules. My question
is: how can i easily *turn off executing some of the rules in the
development profile*? One possible solution is just using `configLocation`
property in the `maven-checkstyle-plugin`, and adding the different configs
in two locations:

<profile>
	<id>CI</id>

	<build>
		<plugins>
			<plugin>
				<artifactId>maven-checkstyle-plugin</artifactId>
				<configuration>
					<configLocation>ci-checks.xml</configLocation>
				</configuration>
			</plugin>
		</plugins>
	</build>
</profile>

<profile>
	<id>development</id>

	<build>
		<plugins>
			<plugin>
				<artifactId>maven-checkstyle-plugin</artifactId>
				<configuration>
					<configLocation>dev-checks.xml</configLocation>
				</configuration>
			</plugin>
		</plugins>
	</build>
</profile>

However this leads to the duplication of the check file. Is there a way to
dynamically skip parts of the file?

**Edit**: my motivation is that we run the Checkstyle rules when developing
in Eclipse, in the incremental compilation (every time when a file is saved)
and also when compiling from Maven command line. This is very convenient,
but there are some rules which take a [long time][1], and that makes this
kind of development impossible, so i want to turn them off.

Question copied from [here][2].

  [1]: http://github.com/checkstyle/checkstyle/issues/1064
  [2]:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/30691673/do-not-run-some-checkstyle-rules-in-a-specific-maven-profile