maven-users mailing list archives

From Justin Georgeson <JGeorge...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: [EXTERNAL] dependency management with ant quick question
Date Thu, 14 May 2015 03:14:45 GMT
https://maven.apache.org/ant-tasks/

1. There is a task to resolve/retrieve dependencies.

2. The dependency task can create classpath and fileset refids for the dependencies, and per-dependency
properties, so you shouldn't have to worry about copy jars to and fro.

3. There are examples at the link above.

From: Zk W [mpc8250@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 13, 2015 10:00 PM
To: users@maven.apache.org
Subject: [EXTERNAL] dependency management with ant quick question

Hi All

We are new to Maven and we are an ant shop.
We like to use Maven's dependency management feature, not ivy.

1- Can we just use Maven's dependency management feature to work with our
ant build script ?

2- Since .m2 is the default folder for all the jars, do we use ant copy
task to copy jars from .m2 folder to different project folders to compile
properly ?

3. Are there examples out there that use ant for build purpose in
conjunction with maven's dependency management ?

Thank you.