maven-users mailing list archives

From Christopher <ctubb...@apache.org>
Subject Surprise DEPENDENCIES file from a maven plugin
Date Mon, 11 May 2015 21:35:32 GMT
Hi all,

I'm trying to figure out where this extra DEPENDENCIES file is coming
from in the root of my source-release tarball using the latest ASF
parent POM (org.apache:apache:pom:17) during a release.

This file seems to fail the apache-rat check, and makes the
-source-release.tar.gz fail to match the SHA-1 git commit.

Our project (Apache Accumulo) used to override the
maven-assembly-plugin execution in the apache-release profile and
build at the "validate" phase of the build lifecyle, but now we're
deferring to the parent POM, which executes this assembly at the
"package" phase. Some plugin appears to be modifying the source
directory by adding this DEPENDENCIES file (which is empty, except for
its header, because the root of our project doesn't have any
dependencies) before the "package" phase, but I'm not sure which one.

Has anybody seen this? Perhaps in another ASF project which depends on
the ASF parent POM?

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii