maven-users mailing list archives

From Anders Hammar <and...@hammar.net>
Subject Re: How do you manage your settings.xml for enterprise build??
Date Fri, 22 May 2015 07:28:47 GMT
The issue I've been strungling with is that I would like to use the creds
of the person performing a Maven release when deploying to the Maven repo.
Not possible right now out-of-the-box, as the server creds in settings.xml
(possibly handled by Config File Provider Plugin) is "static". So it will
always be the same user/creds.
At one former customer that forced us to always to the releases from
command line. Snapshot builds were handled by Jenkins though and deployed
to the repo.
The limitation is how the creds are handled within Maven core. And as that
part is not easily replaceable (it's not a component that can be repalced)
a change is required in core. There are a few JIRA tickets around this
(MNG-5615, MNG-5356) and I have looked into it a bit. I even had a
developer work on a solution, which I think she completed, but the more I
dug into it I found more parts in core than needed/should be improved at
the same time. And then I simply ran out of time.
The work that was done by a dev collegue can be found here:
https://github.com/devoteam-se (som changes to core, in a branch, and then
one extension that would be current behavior if I remember correctly)
For a current customer I'm looking at going down an easier, but less
flexible, way where I will create a wagon instead that will use the creds
provided in a some other way than from Maven core (could be env variables
for example). The idea is to use this together with the release builds in
Jenkins where the creds would then be the one of the user triggering the
release build.

/Anders