maven-users mailing list archives

From Mirko Friedenhagen <mfriedenha...@gmail.com>
Subject maven-release-plugin: syntax of connectionUrl with git?
Date Thu, 07 May 2015 07:18:45 GMT
Hello,

yesterday I already had pushed a git tag by running mvn
release:prepare and while I executed release:perform I remembered I
had the wrong settings.xml activated.

I accidentally deleted release.properties by running release:clean.
Now I just wanted to run something like:

mvn release-plugin:perform
-DconnectionUrl=scm:svn:https://svn.mycompany.com/repos/path/to/myproject/tags/myproject-1.2.3

as outlined at http://maven.apache.org/maven-release/maven-release-plugin/examples/perform-release.html.

But I did not find the correct syntax for GIT. In the end, I created a
release.properties with the content scm.tag=myproject-1.2.3 and could
run
mvn release-plugin:perform
-DconnectionUrl=scm:git:git://github.com/ORG/PROJ.git

Is there a way to specify the scm.tag on the CLI? I tried release.scm.tag.

Regards Mirko
--
http://illegalstateexception.blogspot.com/
https://github.com/mfriedenhagen/ (http://osrc.dfm.io/mfriedenhagen)