maven-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Kevin Burton <bur...@spinn3r.com>
Subject Re: Maven assembly pulls in FAR more dependencies than shown by dependency:test ?
Date Thu, 14 May 2015 20:51:38 GMT
I think I figured it out… I think the dependencySet is ALWAYS using test.
Even if I set it to runtime.

I looked in the pom for the project that I’m including and the dependencies
its pulling in are from it’s test scope.

On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 1:43 PM, Kevin Burton <burton@spinn3r.com> wrote:

> (sorry, hit send by accident on that other one)
>
> totally stumped here and was wondering if you guys had some feedback.
>
> I’m building all the dependency jars for my project by using the assembly
> plugin.
>
>     <dependencySets>
>         <dependencySet>
>             <outputDirectory>lib</outputDirectory>
>             <useProjectArtifact>true</useProjectArtifact>
>             <scope>runtime</scope>
>         </dependencySet>
>     </dependencySets>
>
> which works.
>
> the problem is that I added a new dependency, and now it’s pulling in a
> LOT more than I had anticipated. FAR more than is listed in dependency:tree
>
> More importantly, I’m getting conflicting packages.  Like Jetty 6 and
> Jetty 9, and conflicting servlet-api .jars and things I don’t want in the
> classpath.
>
> I can’t figure out how it’s magically doing this… I would assume these
> dependencies are going to show up in the dependency tree - but they’re not.
>
>
>
> --
>
> Founder/CEO Spinn3r.com
> Location: *San Francisco, CA*
> blog: http://burtonator.wordpress.com
> … or check out my Google+ profile
> <https://plus.google.com/102718274791889610666/posts>
>
>


-- 

Founder/CEO Spinn3r.com
Location: *San Francisco, CA*
blog: http://burtonator.wordpress.com
… or check out my Google+ profile
<https://plus.google.com/102718274791889610666/posts>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message