maven-users mailing list archives

From Kevin Burton <bur...@spinn3r.com>
Subject Maven assembly pulls in FAR more dependencies than shown by dependency:test ?
Date Thu, 14 May 2015 20:43:48 GMT
(sorry, hit send by accident on that other one)

totally stumped here and was wondering if you guys had some feedback.

I’m building all the dependency jars for my project by using the assembly
plugin.

    <dependencySets>
        <dependencySet>
            <outputDirectory>lib</outputDirectory>
            <useProjectArtifact>true</useProjectArtifact>
            <scope>runtime</scope>
        </dependencySet>
    </dependencySets>

which works.

the problem is that I added a new dependency, and now it’s pulling in a LOT
more than I had anticipated. FAR more than is listed in dependency:tree

More importantly, I’m getting conflicting packages.  Like Jetty 6 and Jetty
9, and conflicting servlet-api .jars and things I don’t want in the
classpath.

I can’t figure out how it’s magically doing this… I would assume these
dependencies are going to show up in the dependency tree - but they’re not.

--

Founder/CEO Spinn3r.com
Location: *San Francisco, CA*