maven-users mailing list archives

From <Andrew.Mar...@sungard.com>
Subject Problems building maven from source from behind a firewall: Unable to initialize POM dependencies.xml
Date Thu, 14 May 2015 08:23:52 GMT
Hello everyone,

I am trying to build maven from source in a corporate environment behind a firewall. It fails
to download a pom, eventually timing out. I read of others with the same problem and the "solutions"
posted always involve configuring an http proxy. Different solutions have different ways of
specifying the proxy settings. There is the environment variable http_proxy, there's the maven
settings.xml in $HOME/.m2, and even the ANT_OPTS variable. I have tried them all but to no
avail.

The pom it's trying to get is http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/maven-parent/23/maven-parent-23.pom.
I can retrieve this file using wget (with http_proxy set) but somehow the maven retrieve fails.
I hope someone can help me.

Also, given that I am trying to build a source distribution, why it is going off to remote
repos to fetch various files? Shouldn't they come with the source distro anyway?

Regards,

Andrew M.