maven-users mailing list archives

From Greg Trasuk <tras...@stratuscom.com>
Subject Re: copy file renaming to WEB-INF
Date Tue, 19 May 2015 20:03:48 GMT

Hello Aitor:

Using profiles is really the wrong way to do this.  You are better off to realize that you
have three separate artifacts that are being generated:
- The “.war” file for ‘pre’
- The “.war” file for ‘local’
- The “.war” file for ‘prod’.

You should treat these as separate artifacts, with a separate artifact-id, otherwise, how
do you know that a given artifact was built using the correct profile?  You don’t want to
risk installing your ‘pre’ build into production, do you?

That being the case, you should have three separate assembly projects that generate the separate
artifacts.

Cheers,

Greg Trasuk
Web Age Solutions http://www.webagesolutions.com <http://www.webagesolutions.com/>