maven-users mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <joerg.schai...@swisspost.com>
Subject Re: deployment in runtime for "provided" scope jars
Date Tue, 07 Apr 2015 07:48:09 GMT
Hi Lin,

Lin Ma wrote:

> Thanks Ron,
>
> I see Maven has phase like install and deploy, but I never used them
> before. Are the two phases suppose to do deployment work, which copy
> application jar and dependency jars to destination host, and setup other
> environment variable like classpath?

No. Both goals refer the Maven repository. "install" will copy the result of
your project into your local repository while "deploy" will copy this stuff
to a remote repository instead (depends on your settings in the
distributionManagement) to make the artifacts available for other people. It
has nothing to do at all with deployment of an application.

> BTW, in the context of a Java jar console application.

That's what IzPack may do for you.

Cheers,
Jörg