maven-users mailing list archives

From Lin Ma <lin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: for maven short-cut command like mvn clean and mvn package
Date Mon, 06 Apr 2015 07:25:21 GMT
Thanks MK,

The command is very helpful. I tried package command as well, here are what
I tried and output, want to confirm my understanding is correct, mvn
package will execute all the phases before and include package phase in
default lifecycle? Thanks.

mvn help:describe -Dcmd=package -Ddetail

It is a part of the lifecycle for the POM packaging 'jar'. This lifecycle
includes the following phases:
* validate: Not defined
* initialize: Not defined
* generate-sources: Not defined
* process-sources: Not defined
* generate-resources: Not defined
* process-resources:
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin:2.6:resources
* compile: org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:2.5.1:compile
* process-classes: Not defined
* generate-test-sources: Not defined
* process-test-sources: Not defined
* generate-test-resources: Not defined
* process-test-resources:
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin:2.6:testResources
* test-compile:
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:2.5.1:testCompile
* process-test-classes: Not defined
* test: org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-plugin:2.12.4:test
* prepare-package: Not defined
* package: org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-jar-plugin:2.4:jar
* pre-integration-test: Not defined
* integration-test: Not defined
* post-integration-test: Not defined
* verify: Not defined
* install: org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-install-plugin:2.4:install
* deploy: org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-deploy-plugin:2.7:deploy

regards,
Lin