maven-users mailing list archives

From Eric Kolotyluk <eric.koloty...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Force install of dependent modules before package
Date Wed, 08 Apr 2015 17:36:41 GMT
The problem I have now is that I have to manually do the following:

project A/module 1> mvn install
project A/module 2> mvn install
project A> mvn package

Because the maven-shade-plugin for module 3 needs the artifacts for
modules 1 & 2 to be installed in the local repo first. This totally
sucks because it is error prone, and Maven is supposed to be about
automation. Similarly, if I do something like

project A/module 3> mvn package

I want modules 2 & 3 to be installed first, if necessary, so that the
shade plugin will pick up the latest versions of these artifacts.

The other approach I am considering is to run the maven-shade-plugin in
the deploy phase, to ensure that all dependencies have been installed
first, but I really don't want to have to do a deploy this often,
especially when I am testing. I wish there were a phase between install
and deploy that I could used to create my shaded assemblies. Is there
some way to ensure the shade plugin runs last in the install phase,
after everything else has been installed?

Cheers, Eric