maven-users mailing list archives

From Karl Heinz Marbaise <khmarba...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: orders of plug-in
Date Sun, 05 Apr 2015 14:04:37 GMT
Hi,

On 4/5/15 1:52 AM, Lin Ma wrote:
> Hi Karl,
>
> I am testing below plug-in, for example, I tried put it as the first/last
> element of "<plugins>", and the same results,

The change in the position does not influence the execution order. This
is defined by the phase you have bound the plugin to which in this case
is the package phase.

The two executions you have here will running on the order of definition
in the pom (copy-dependencies, copy-source)...

The question is what you like to achieve with the
maven-dependency-plugin....It looks like you are trying to create an
distribution archive (like tar.gz / zip etc.) ...Than you should go an
other path instead of maven-dependency-plugin....

?

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise