maven-users mailing list archives

From Steve Cohen <stevec...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Can Maven be used in an nmake environment with VPATH?
Date Wed, 01 Apr 2015 16:48:25 GMT
That sounds like it might be a possibility.  But after looking at it, my
initial take (which is quite possibly wrong!!) is that it might be
easier to extend the compiler plugin, and the jar plugin, to use the
vpath.  Basically, you're just writing a new SourceInclusionScanner.
This seems like it would have the benefit of staying within known Maven
channels.

On 04/01/2015 10:23 AM, Jim Klo wrote:
> Is there a reason you cannot just use the exec plugin?  We use that to manage all sorts
of esoteric make-like systems the have similar problems as you list.