maven-users mailing list archives

From Baptiste Mathus <bmat...@batmat.net>
Subject Re: Why would maven download a pom and not a jar?
Date Wed, 11 Mar 2015 05:51:55 GMT
Well, in that case, since you're asking for the dependency:tree I'm even
surprised there's any jar downloaded. Maven would only need pom to compute
that. Downloading Jars is only done when needed (say for compiling, etc.)

Btw, do you really type "mvn dependency:tree pom.xml" ? What do you expect?
The "pom.xml" part is gonna lead to an error since pom.xml is not a goal
and that's what's supposed to be listed after mvn.

As for your question: I suppose oro is a transitive dependency of one of
the things you depend on. mvn dependency:tree should generally show it btw.

Cheers

> I am trying to download all dependencies from a pom file.  My steps are:
> 1. delete .m2/repository
> 2. mvn dependency:tree pom.xml
>
> Everything looks good, however as I browse the .m2 directory I can see that
> for some artifacts  maven only downloaded the pom file, and did not
> download the associated jar.  I then repeat the process on another pom
> file.  This time the jar file is present for that same artifact.
>
> There are multiple artifacts that this happens on, but for troubleshooting
> I'm just focusing on oro-2.0.8.   Neither of my poms declare oro, so this
> is a sub-dependency somewhere down the chain.  The process can be
> reproduced every time,  and I can see from the output that the oro-2.0.8
> pom file is downloaded from the same location (local artifactory) in both
> cases.
>

> Does anyone know why maven would download a pom file, and then not attempt
> to download the associated jar?
>

> Thanks,
> Dan

Sauvez un arbre,