maven-users mailing list archives

From Federico Bertola <federico.bertol...@gmail.com>
Subject Custom plugin modifying effective pom problem
Date Wed, 25 Mar 2015 01:36:45 GMT
Hi all,
I'm experimenting with a custom plugin that simply need to inject some
dependencies at build time.
If i run:

     mvn customplugin:goal help:effective-pom

I'm able to see the injected dependency, but if I run:

     mvn customplugin:goal compile

The compilation fails miserably because some class that rely on that
dependency.
Why it ignores the effective pom? It's some particular phase to wire my
plugin to? And ultimately, it is possible to achieve what i want?

I would also like to note that it works wonderfully with the maven
eclipse plugin, so maybe it's a simple issue.

Thank in advance for your help!

Best regards,
Federico.