maven-users mailing list archives

From Ron Wheeler <rwhee...@artifact-software.com>
Subject Re: write developers & contributors into Jar
Date Sun, 01 Mar 2015 19:21:54 GMT
http://maven.apache.org/shared/maven-archiver/index.html
This plug-in seems to allow yo a way to add key/value pairs to the Manifest.
manifestEntries 	A list of key/value pairs to add to the manifest.

On 01/03/2015 6:41 AM, Philipp Kraus wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I use Maven 3.0 with the developers and contributors inside the pom.xml. I use also the
manifestEntries with the maven-assembly-plugin to add some flags to the Jar manifest file.
> I would like to add the developer and contributors list to the Jar, but I don’t know
in which way I can add a list with name, email, and role types. My idea is that I create a
comma separated list
> list with the data, but how can I create within the pom.xml the correct output list?
E.g. the pom.xml stores:

> <developers>
>     <developer>
>         <id>myID</id>
>         <name>myName</id>
>         <email>myName@myDomain</email>
>         <roles>
>              <role>architect</role>
>              <role>developer</role>
>        </role>
>     </developer>
> </developers>
>
> so in the manifest should be a line e.g.
>
> Developers = myName - myName@myDomain - architect / developer,
>
> I have tried to define it with
>
> <manifestEntries>
> <Developers>${project.developers}</Developers>
> </manifestEntries>
>
> but this writes only the Java object items to the entry. How can I create a loop / xquery
within the pom.xml to iterate over the developer items?

--
Ron Wheeler
President