maven-users mailing list archives

From <cody.a.fy...@wellsfargo.com>
Subject RE: maven 3.0.6 release date
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2015 15:12:54 GMT
I have to admit, this would be pretty cool.

However, Jenkins already has this functionality. You specify the Maven version in the job
and configure Jenkins to automatically download that version (it does with this with Java
and Ant as well).

I highly suggest you look into it. Even running it on your local machine is pretty convenient.

Cody Fyler
Lending Grid Build Team
G=Lending Grid Builds
(515) – 441 - 0814

-----Original Message-----
From: David Hoffer [mailto:dhoffer6@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, February 02, 2015 9:06 AM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: maven 3.0.6 release date

On a somewhat related note, one feature I'd like to see added to Maven is the ability to easily
upgrade the version of Maven used.  I want the build to specify the version of Maven used
and automatically download and use that version.  Currently it's the system that determines
what version is installed on the path.  The best a project can do is require a (min) version
of Maven.  This makes it hard to upgrade as we have several projects to support and some will
never be upgraded as they are older branches.  Is this feature on the Maven radar?