maven-users mailing list archives

From Bernd Eckenfels <e...@zusammenkunft.net>
Subject maven system settings (was: maven 3.0.6 release date)
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2015 17:13:54 GMT
You can specify a empty settings file with -s and define MAVEN_SKIP_RC,
this will avoid all system specific configs (as long as nobody modifies
the maven program folder).

However to my experience sooner or later you do need some specific
landscape settings in the settings.xml file. So it is a good idea to
plan for adding it into the configuration management. Jenkins' maven
builder can manage those config files for example.

Gruss
Bernd

PS: no idea how this is related with the release planning.