maven-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Scholte" <rfscho...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Error while creating hadoop package 2.6.0 with Maven 3.2.3
Date Fri, 19 Dec 2014 08:52:19 GMT
So this is not a Maven3 issue, but a JDK8 (kind of) issue. (seems like you
upgraded the JDK as well)
Oracle introduced with JDK8 a more strict parsing of the javadocs.

Since the javadoc is incorrect, it fails.
You have 3 options:
- Use JDK7 or less
- Fix the javadoc. The problem here is that <String> and <File> are
invalid HTML-tags. You should escape it to &lt;String&gt; and &lt;File&gt;
- Add -Xdoclint:none or -Xdoclint:syntax (I think), see docs[1]. This way
you can suppress these errors.

The maven-javadoc-plugin still struggles a bit with -Xdoclint[2]. A single
-Xdoclint argument works fine, multiple is not yet supported(comma
separation handling fails).

thanks,
Robert

[1]