maven-users mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Uber jar considered harmful?
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2014 16:59:19 GMT
I don't know about 'harmful', but there are certainly some good ways to
shoot your toes off.

My convention is that I only use shaded jars as exports to the non-Maven
world, I discourage using shaded jars as part of a larger dependency graph.
I could detail some mishaps which motivated that convention if anyone cares.

On Mon, Dec 1, 2014 at 11:36 AM, Ron Wheeler <rwheeler@artifact-software.com