maven-users mailing list archives

From Hervé BOUTEMY <herve.bout...@free.fr>
Subject Re: Maven 3.2.3 upgrade
Date Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
Le lundi 8 décembre 2014 13:01:10 David Hoffer a écrit :
> I'm contemplating an upgrade of a large Maven 3.0.4 build to 3.2.3, just
> wondering if anyone knows of either any key gotchas in the upgrade and/or
> key benefits?
you should check compatibility issues known with some plugins:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/AetherClassNotFound

some are fixed if you're using recent version of the affected plugins, some are
not yet fixed

for the benefits, choose your favorite from release notes
http://maven.apache.org/release-notes-all.html

> One feature I'm wondering at the outset is...with 3.2.3 can I specify the
> reporting plugin versions in pluginManagement or does this still need to be
> done manually?
see https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-5477
so changing Maven version is just about avoiding a misleading warning
What is important is maven-site-plugin version.

And see https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSITE-516
maven-site-plugin version 3.4 has major improvement regarding pluginManagement

Regards,

Hervé