maven-users mailing list archives

From Alejandro.E...@grassvalley.com
Subject Re: Maven use for integration
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2014 18:45:16 GMT
Hi Ron,
#1. I don't understand your question. You mean the poms of the artifacts
deployed in nexus? they each have their own pom and instructions on how to
build itself, just like a regular maven artifact
So I have an artifact A that gets deployed to nexus with groupId foo.bar
and artifactId A and version 1.0 and then six months later A gets updated
to version 2.0
All this has nothing to do with integration

Now the integration job will say, bring all the artifacts and their
dependencies to be able to run. One of them will be A 1.0.
Once a 2.0 is released, i don't want to integrate ONLY 2.0. I want to
integrate 1.0 and 2.0. So in my integration pom i have two dependencies,
one foo.bar:A:1.0 and another dependency foo.bar:A:2.0. This is were maven
core complains and ends up resolving one over the other, hence when i do a
copy-dependencies it only ends up integrating one of them

#2. Yes, I am. The problem is that via the nexus API there's no way to
have a list of ONLY entry points where i can say explicitly in a list
(that i'm trying to keep as small as possible) integrate A and that would
imply B and C if A depends on B and C. When I do it with maven, in my
integration pom I only declare a dependency on A and the dependency plugin
will copy transitive dependencies. This allows me to keep the manually
maintained list as small as possible and never forgetting to update it
when i introduce new dependencies since those new dependencies will be
pulled by the dependency plugin just because the POM already contains the
relationship information

I hope everything is clearer now, let me know

Thanks for replying

Alejandro Endo | Software Designer/Concepteur de logiciels