maven-users mailing list archives

From Jeroen Hoek <jer...@lable.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] In the event of adopting the owl as project mascot, what will we call it?
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2014 12:26:15 GMT
I would recommend leaving it without a name. The mascot can help in
providing Maven with a stronger visual identity, but I'm not convinced
naming it is helpful.

On the contrary, it might come across as 'silly' or 'unprofessional',
which for me goes against the nature of Maven: a mature tool many use
as one of the steps towards stabilizing and professionalizing their
code base.

Why not call it simply 'The Maven Owl'?

Kind regards,

Jeroen Hoek