maven-users mailing list archives

From Michael Osipov <micha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Adopt Mr Couché-Tard as our mascot, change the logo font to Alte Haas Grotesk, change the colour letter to "v"
Date Thu, 20 Nov 2014 20:21:38 GMT
My opinion on this:

I do not like the connection between the owl and the word maven.
While the owl stands for wisdom in the Greek culture as on the Greek
euro coins, Maven is not of Greek origin. It is cleary of Hebrew/Jewish
[1] origin. I see no connection here. I would rather see an old and wise
man.

I see no point on having 'v' in a different color, as if the word
consists of two syllables. It is just a coincidence that the words
'maven' and 'version' have/share the 'v' combination.

Unfortunately, I have artistic talent, so I cannot come up with a decent
vector graphic for an old and wise man :-(

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maven

Michael