maven-users mailing list archives

From "Dutz, Christofer" <C.D...@ing-diba.de>
Subject Problems with the release plugin
Date Thu, 27 Nov 2014 13:12:58 GMT
Hi,

I just ran into a problem I was having a few times now with the release plugin. This time
the usage scenario is different, but the code needed to be changed is still the same.

This time I am helping migrate a large set of projects from Ant to Maven. As this involves
a large amount of training the transition is done project by project.
Currently as a first step all projects are changed to deploy SNAPSHOT and release versions
to Nexus instead of deploying to an Ivy repo. For this all Ant builds were extended to produce
and deploy artifacts useable by Maven and the Ant builds are configured to use Nexus instead
of Ivy.

Now whenever a release is done there actually have to be two releases performed. One Ant and
one Maven release. For the Maven part we wanted to use the default release plugin. For this
we are planning on providing the release and development version for each artifact as described
in this article: http://maven.apache.org/maven-release/maven-release-plugin/examples/non-interactive-release.html
For the Ant part we have created an Ant task that updates the ivy.xml to the correct versions,
which understands the same syntax of providing dev and rel versions as that of the Maven release
plugin.

Now the problem is that AbstractRewritePomsPhase only seems to process the version numbers
of artifacts that are in the reactor:

https://github.com/apache/maven-release/blob/trunk/maven-release-manager/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/shared/release/phase/AbstractRewritePomsPhase.java

Wouldn't it be possible to leave the version map the way it is, without filtering anything
out? If a user provides the rel version and the dev version for an artifact I would assume
that he actually should have a reason for doing this. This behaviour is causing quite some
difficulties here.

I would be glad to assitst in finding a good solution for this, if there is no chance in getting
this changed, we will propably have to work on a custom version oft he release plugin, which
I would really like to avoid.

Chris

--

ING-DiBa AG, Frankfurt am Main. Registernummer HRB 7727, Handelsregister
Amtsgericht Frankfurt am Main. Vorstand: Roland Boekhout (Vorsitzender),

E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den
Absender und vernichten Sie diese Mail.
Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Mail ist
nicht gestattet.

e-mail is strictly forbidden.