maven-users mailing list archives

From Roberto C. Sánchez <robe...@connexer.com>
Subject Custom configuration for tomcat7:run goal
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2014 13:24:14 GMT
Greetings,

I have a maven-based project that I am working on. The project uses Spring. I have to implement
a CORS filter, which requires some changes to the tomcat configuration.

For production deployments, I can edit the tomcat configuration on the server to make it do
what I need. However, for development I would like to be able to make the tomcat7:run goal
use a tweaked configuration. There is no web.xml stored in git, so maven is generating it
and placing it in target/tomcat/conf/web.xml. I tried adding extra directives between the
configuration tags for the tomcat7-maven-plugin. But that did not work.

My question is: how do I get the web.xml that maven generates include the extra directives
that I need for the CORS filter to work when the project is launched from Eclipse or the command
line using the tomcat7:run goal?

Regards,

-Roberto
--