maven-users mailing list archives

From Anders Hammar <and...@hammar.net>
Subject Re: Releasing Maven Plugins
Date Fri, 12 Sep 2014 13:07:39 GMT

> The main problem is that the project contains the plugin as
>>
> >well as some modules that use the plugin.

This is the basic mistake in this scenario. If you build a maven-plugin
> make a separate project from it and do the release etc. only from the
> maven-plugin and afterwards you have the release available and can continue
> with the rest which uses the release...

Although I haven't tried it myself, my understanding is that it should be
possible to use a plugin built within a multi-module project in some of the
other modules when using Maven 3.x. This is not possible with Maven 2.x
though. However, it requires the plugin to be built before the modules that
uses it (which the reactor should be able to calculate, unless there are
some circular module dependencies).

/Anders