maven-users mailing list archives

From Karl Heinz Marbaise <khmarba...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: maven-javadoc-plugin 2.9.1 does not work with JDK 8, cannot find javax.interceptor.InterceptorBinding
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2014 09:47:16 GMT
Hi,

based on the following issue:

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MJAVADOC-393

Have you used the most recent version of JDK 8 (8u20?)

Kind regards
Karl-Heinz Marbaise

On 9/10/14 9:58 AM, Rabe, Jens wrote:
> Hello,
>
> this problem was already posted in March, but there were no answers, since I have the
same problem, I post it again:

> When using a source level of 1.8, the maven-javadoc-plugin does not work. My configuration
in pom.xml is the following:

> <plugin>
>                  <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
>                  <artifactId>maven-javadoc-plugin</artifactId>
>                  <executions>
>                      <execution>
>                          <id>attach-javadocs</id>
>                          <goals>
>                              <goal>jar</goal>
>                          </goals>
>                          <configuration>
>                              <additionalparam>-Xdoclint:none</additionalparam>
>                          </configuration>
>                      </execution>
>                  </executions>
>              </plugin>
>
> This is what I get:
>
> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-javadoc-plugin:2.9.1:jar
(attach-javadocs) on project myproject: MavenReportException: Error while creating archive:
> [ERROR] Exit code: 1 - javadoc: error - com.sun.tools.doclets.internal.toolkit.util.DocletAbortException:
com.sun.tools.doclets.internal.toolkit.util.DocletAbortException: com.sun.tools.doclets.internal.toolkit.util.DocletAbortException:
com.sun.tools.javac.code.Symbol$CompletionFailure: class file for javax.interceptor.InterceptorBinding
not found