maven-users mailing list archives

From Justin Georgeson <JGeorge...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: MD5 checksum validation tool [Windows]?
Date Mon, 04 Aug 2014 20:37:52 GMT
Thanks, but the MD5 checksums file for the Tomcat installers have the filename in them (in
the contents of the .md5 file, versus implied by the name of the .md5 file)

https://www.apache.org/dist/tomcat/tomcat-8/v8.0.9/bin/apache-tomcat-8.0.9.zip.md5

versus

http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/org/eclipse/tycho/org.eclipse.tycho.embedder.shared/0.20.0/org.eclipse.tycho.embedder.shared-0.20.0.jar.md5

The Tomcat md5 file is one that a tool like md5sum generates, and is the standard format that
checksum validation tools expect. The tycho one is a standard maven-generated checksum file.
It only contains the checksum, no path to the file because it's inferred by removing the ".md5",
and consequently all these tools to validate the checksum don't work with the checksum files
published in M2 repo.