maven-users mailing list archives

From Karl Heinz Marbaise <khmarba...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Create multi-module archetype with one module only active in a profile
Date Fri, 29 Aug 2014 18:28:19 GMT
Hi,

> I am trying to create an archetype with two modules, one main and one itest.
> I would like to have the itest module only active when run with a profile.
>
> In my original project, the root pom includes a part like this:
>
>      <profiles>
>          <profile>
>              <id>itest</id>
>              <modules>
>                  <module>itest</module>
>              </modules>
>          </profile>
>      </profiles>
>
> However, in the archetype-metadata.xml reference there is nothing mentioned
> about profiles.

First do never create a module which is included by a profile, cause you
will get trouble...

In particular if you do a release and afterwards doing a build and
activate the profile...
Take a deeper look
here:http://blog.soebes.de/blog/2013/11/09/why-is-it-bad-to-activate-slash-deactive-modules-by-profiles-in-maven/

Kind regards