maven-users mailing list archives

From "Johannes Schneider" <jsd...@gmx.de>
Subject Maven 3 Plugin Development with Repository Queries
Date Mon, 28 Jul 2014 08:12:04 GMT
Hi,

I am developing a plugin that needs to query the repositories. I'm using the Aether API because
I thought that's the Maven 3 way to do it (cf. http://blog.sonatype.com/2011/01/how-to-use-aether-in-maven-plugins/)
and because many of the Maven 2 methods are marked as deprecated. With Maven 3.0.5, everything
works fine. But now, trying Maven 3.2.1 and 3.2.2, I get an exception:
------
Error injecting: com.dialogika.infport.plugins.helper.CheckParentMojo
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/sonatype/aether/artifact/Artifact
------

It is the injection of org.sonatype.aether.RepositorySystem that does not work anymore:
------
@Component
private RepositorySystem repoSystem;
------

First of all, I am of course interested in how to fix this problem, but, asking more generally:
Is the Aether API still the way of how to resolve artifacts? Or should I better stick to the
Maven 2 API (as most of the plugins out there still are, as I saw)?

And, in addition to this: Are there any good, up-to-date resources on how to write maven plugins?
Some plugins I could use as a a reference? Many of the tutorials and examples seem to be quite
out-dated and not going very deep into details.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Johannes