maven-users mailing list archives

From Eugene Koifman <ekoif...@hortonworks.com>
Subject maven shade/artifact naming help
Date Mon, 14 Jul 2014 17:53:32 GMT
Hi,
I have an existing multi-module project.  A module A (i.e. artifactId=A)
uses shade plugin to create an uber jar.  The shade plug in config doesn't
retain the original (slim) jar so the only artifact produced/published from
this module is A.jar which is the uber jar.

Now I need to produce a 'slim' jar (lets call it A-core.jar) which only has
the classes from module A.   Since this was set up several releases ago I
have to keep A.jar as a fat jar to preserve backwards compatibility.

(I can easily make shade produce A.jar as the thin jar and A-uber.jar (or
any other name) as the fat jar, but this is not acceptable.)

Is there some way to make shade plug in do that?
--

Thank youm,
Eugene

--