maven-users mailing list archives

From Stephen Connolly <stephen.alan.conno...@gmail.com>
Subject Welcome our new VP of Apache Maven, Hervé Boutemy
Date Sat, 19 Jul 2014 21:42:16 GMT
The role of VP of maven is more a technical and legal responsibility in
that the ASF board requires an officer of the foundation to delegate the
powers vested in the PMC to.

A few years back, John Casey suggested that we should try rotating this
burden amongst the PMC on a yearly-ish basis.

I have been PMC chair for the last year, and it has been fun times, but
when I took the unlucky victim role I said it would be for one year only.

True to my word, I asked the PMC to nominate a replacement. Hervé was
selected and at the most recent board meeting I was released from these
responsibilities with board approving Hervé as our new VP

Everyone please congratulate Hervé on being our next unlucky victim!

Please also remember that it is the community that determines the direction
of this project. The PMC is there to ensure the project plays by the rules,
the PMC chair is here to serve the project, board and PMC.

I wish Hervé all the best for his stint... And I won't fear taking the
baton up again next time ;-)

- Stephen

--
Sent from my phone