maven-users mailing list archives

From Alexddupree <alexddup...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Javadoc aggregate NullPointerException
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2014 18:13:32 GMT
mgainty wrote
> MG>someone somewhere is tossing in a incorrect version of
> org.springframework.context.ApplicationListener
> MG>clean off your CLASSPATH e.g. export CLASSPATH=
> MG>rerun mvn validate javadoc:javadoc
> MG>if still a problem take the maven-javadoc-plugin (2.9) and set it to be
> the ONLY plugin in
> <build>
> <plugins>
> MG>in a squeaky clean test -harness pom.xml
> MG>you might have a dependency or (dependency-management dependency from
> parent) which is
> MG>tossing in a incorrect version of
> org.springframework.context.ApplicationListener
> MG>BTW: I ran your plugin in a standalone pom.xml and maven-javadoc-plugin
> generated all Javadoc without error

Thanks for the response MG.
So I played around with a clean pom that has nothing in it but javadoc 2.9
and the properties I needed, however I still got the same null pointer
exception.
I am on windows but there didn't seem to be a set CLASSPATH  though I
cleared it anyway. I also went through the whole project from the root and
edited all instances of spring.framework.version to the same version (do you
have any suggestions for other places to change?). I don't know if you read
it but I can compile just fine it is only the javadoc:aggregate generation
that is a problem so I am not sure how a different version of Spring would
get thrown in. If you look at my edit you should see an additional excluded
package that if I exclude it causes the javadoc to build correctly. I can
run the javadoc on other projects but this project is causing problems.

Do I have to set up my own test -harness to look at the dependencies?
Also I am running maven 3.0.5