maven-users mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@takari.io>
Subject Re: Adding Classifiers when building
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2014 12:47:37 GMT
This is a bad practice and runs counter to continuous delivery which is commonly accepted as
a good thing.

You always want to build in such a way that anything being built can be used as a release
without any further transformation.

On Jul 8, 2014, at 4:21 AM, Fragoso, Ruben <Ruben.Fragoso@ca.com> wrote:

> Hello Everyone
>
> I would like to know if it is possible to add classifiers while building as a maven parameter,
for example if I want to add the classifier "dev" to an artifact, when building.

> Thank you in Advance, hope to hear from you.
>
> Best Regards
> Ruben Fragoso

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl
http://twitter.com/takari_io

I never make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect.

-- Edward Gibbon