maven-users mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <joerg.schai...@swisspost.com>
Subject Re: Pack with native tar, unpack with maven-dependency-plugin failure
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2014 05:52:11 GMT
Hi Dan,

Dan Tran wrote:

> I found the root cause of this issue where  I need to force a '-z' option
> during native tar compression.  Without this flag, the output is just a
> normal tar file where native tar is very smart to figure this out. Where
> are plexus-archiver only looks for gz signature and bails out.

You may always use the "file" utility to get an idea of the real file
format:

~/tmp $ tar cf test-tar.tar.gz *.txt
~/tmp $ tar czf test-gz.tar.gz *.txt
~/tmp $ tar cjf test-bz2.tar.gz *.txt
~/tmp $ file *.tar.gz
test-bz2.tar.gz: bzip2 compressed data, block size = 900k
test-gz.tar.gz:  gzip compressed data, last modified: Tue Jun  3 07:50:26
2014, from Unix
test-tar.tar.gz: POSIX tar archive (GNU)